Product Education Designer
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). By combining great products, student data, and research on best practices, Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 700 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
Ellevation is seeking a full-time Product Education Designer to contribute to the design, creation, and delivery of a suite of best-in-class asynchronous learning materials, programs, and solutions for users of Ellevation’s data-driven software which is specifically designed for ELL educators and the English Learners they serve. We are looking for an innovative thinker with experience designing powerful learning experiences for adults. The Product Education Designer will have the content expertise to create rich and meaningful learning experiences in asynchronous settings for educators in our partner school districts and internal Ellevation staff.
Ellevation’s new Product Education team will be at the heart of making sure our users are knowledgeable about how to set up and use Ellevation’s software and build confidence in their ability to own Ellevation in their districts. This new team was created to develop and own asynchronous learning materials inclusive of Ellevation’s resource center, onboarding support, and workflow how-tos, and contribute to the overall organization as we redefine our approach to partner success.
- Design, develop, and maintain materials to support implementation, ongoing support, and engagement of districts to deepen educator use of Ellevation and help districts meet their goals
- Become an in-house expert on Ellevation and our customers, understanding and communicating nuances in product functionality, use cases, and impacts of product changes and developments
- Engage in design-centered customer research, testing, and feedback cycles in order to determine what the best learning solutions are for different customer needs and to continually refine and improve resources to deliver an optimal customer experience
- In collaboration with VP, Partner Success and Product Education team:
- Create and deliver a roadmap for the delivery of asynchronous assets, and the content that must be developed, aligned with the company’s objectives, customer needs, and product initiatives
- Define KPIs to measure the effectiveness/impact of learning solutions for partners, and continually make improvements to the model and materials
- Contribute to the evaluation of technology systems used for content creation, management, and delivery
- Collaborate with teams across the organization: Product Marketing, Revenue, Product, and other Partner Success teams to ensure alignment, accuracy, and impact
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience designing and creating customer-facing product education, documentation, training, or support assets, preferably within a SaaS-based environment
- Strong project management skills including the ability to create structure in ambiguous environments, prioritize and manage time effectively, and rigorous attention to details
- Ability to learn and become intimately familiar with our product so that you understand the way partners use our platform and can educate/mentor/coach them to achieve what they need using our platform
- Passionate about a customer-centric approach to learning and design
- Excellent writing and content creation skills including the ability to explain product functionality and value to a broad audience via text, image, video, etc.
- Proven ability to gather and assess data to make informed, strategic decisions
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, and focused on exceeding customer expectations
- In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
- Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop
- Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
- Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
- Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
- On-site gym, game room and darts with cork boards behind them to support all levels of athleticism
- Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team here: https://ellevationeducation.com/culture