Senior Design Manager (Creative)
DraftKings is seeking a Senior Design Manager to join our Brand & Creative team. The successful candidate will manage designers while maintaining ability to individually contribute to design standards that bring to life our positioning as “The Game Inside the Game.” Specific areas of focus include:
- Work with Creative Director and Design Director to establish design culture and standards within the organization.
- Advocate for high-quality and authentic “fan-to-fan” work that makes us a leading sports entertainment brand.
- Partners with Creative Operations team to resource and scope work.
- Manages and sets goals and action plans for direct reports in the Creative Studio; ensures alignment with next level goals.
- Work with Creative Studio team members to develop new design concepts for marketing areas including: Acquisition, CRM Social, Product Marketing, Promotions and Brand.
- Create layouts applying design principles such as color, typography, organizing elements and usability.
- Become an expert on brand and strategic marketing goals.
- Stay current on marketing trends, best practices and emerging tech.
The ideal candidate has the following key attributes: creativity, collaborative spirit, confidence, initiative and enthusiasm. Specifically,
- 8+ years of relevant experience — proven track record managing designers.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Experience developing creative for major consumer facing brands.
- Demonstrated understanding of modern marketing (digital, mobile first, experiential & social).
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves and get the work – big and small – done.
- Avid fantasy sports enthusiast and sports fan who appreciates the role of design in sports.