Senior Product Designer
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to create usable, attractive, and high-performing user experiences for CarGurus products. The ideal candidate will be comfortable solving complex customer problems with agile teams that include engineers, product managers, analysts, and copywriters.
An online portfolio or access to samples of past work is required for applicants to this position.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with engineering and product leads to research, conceive, design, prototype, and ultimately test new features within the CarGurus consumer- and B2B-facing experiences
- Create user flows, sketches, user flows, use cases, personas, and other product design and communication artifacts as needed, based on business requirements and constraints
- Practice a data-driven design approach, and apply user insights and customer feedback (including A/B testing) to rapidly iterate on your designs
- Understand business strategy and how designs align with strategy
- Apply measurements of the effectiveness of your designs to your work
- Work with teams and stakeholders across CarGurus
- Significant UX design/product design experience
- Fluent in commonly used design tools such as Sketch and InVision.
- Fluent in user-centered design principles and testing methodologies
- Experienced in user research, usability testing and other methods of design validation
- Can clearly and effectively present and communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and customers
- Familiar with accessibility concerns
- Familiar with Agile Scrum methodology
- Able to demonstrate your understanding of design process and innovation with an online portfolio or samples of your work
- Able to partner with product managers and engineering to balance technical, business, and customer requirements while applying a user-centric design approach
- Able and willing to share your knowledge and experience with team members, and to learn from other team members
- Experience with iOS/mobile design is a nice-to-have
- Experience with e-commerce and/or digital marketplace products is a nice-to-have.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hard-working. We have a great respect for testing and learning, and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.