Senior Product Designer
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers, including New York City, Seattle, San Francisco, Denver, Dallas, and Nashville. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, SoftTech, and Mark Zuckerberg.
About the Role:
Great design is central to Panorama Education's product and mission. We want our product to both delight teachers and educators across the country and to help them drive action to improve outcomes for their students. At Panorama, you will be working side-by-side with folks from many backgrounds and experiences: engineers, former teachers, product managers, education researchers, client account managers, and more. We believe that this diversity of experiences leads to better product design and therefore better outcomes for the students we serve.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process: talking to educators to understand their needs, working with the team to define the scope of a given project, collaborating side-by-side with engineers to ensure quality in execution, and digging into usage analytics to understand how people actually use the product.
In this role, you will:
- Partner closely with product managers, engineers, client success, researchers, and other designers to define and deliver high quality user experiences as one team
- Translate user needs into compelling and practical workflows and solutions
- Create design deliverables from low-fidelity sketches to high-fidelity mockups
- Participate in design critiques and reviews with the design team and other stakeholders
- Deeply understand our users’ needs through a variety of user research activities. You’ll talk to educators, attend workshops we offer to clients, listen in on client success and sales calls, and more
This role is for you if:
- You have 4+ years of experience delivering and shipping great design solutions for software or applications, and iterating over time
- You’re a team player and thrive working alongside others
- You have a high bar for quality—you sweat the details and take pride in your work
- You enjoy solving problems with a user-centered approach
- You’re able to present and articulate ideas and solutions effectively, and embrace both giving and receiving feedback
- You are curious, love to learn, and recognize the importance of dedicating time to grow your skills as a designer
- You’re excited about the impact your work will have on our mission to improve student outcomes
Please provide a link to your portfolio that highlights your past work and design process.
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other.