Senior User Researcher
ezCater is the #1 online - and the only nationwide - marketplace for business catering in the United States – a $22 billion market. Our 2M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings. We’re backed by Insight Venture Partners and Iconiq Capital, we’re on a path to $1B in 2019, and we’ll get there - even more surely if you come help us.
We’re also tremendous fans of user experience. Are we proud of how many times the adjective ‘easy’ appears in our TrustPilot reviews? (In case you’re wondering: nearly 2X as often as any other adjective – and the next most common adjective is ‘great’.) Do we think that it’s UX that gets us that reputation? Do we think that our all-important conversion rate is strongly affected by UX? Yes.
Better understanding our users is one of our strategic goals for the year – come help us use research to make that a reality!
What you'll do:
- Own the qualitative and quantitative research efforts for half the marketplace, reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer.
- Work directly with the other Senior User Researcher and designers, product managers, marketers, and engineers to plan research and act on the results.
- Efficiently communicate findings to the team in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Lead all phases of research and usability testing (planning, recruiting, moderating, and analysis).
- Collect and synthesize insights from customer support and sales.
- Be an advocate for the user and the role of research in improving our product.
- Be part of a rapidly growing company that deeply values the user experience.
- 5+ years experience conducting user research for software products, preferably as part of an in-house product team.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past projects, research findings, and the ability to produce actionable insights.
- Hands-on experience with a variety of research methods and a thorough understanding of when to apply each one.
- Hands-on experience planning and moderating usability tests, both in-person and remote.
- Deep empathy for users and a passion for improving their experience.
- BS or MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, or a related field.
- A sharp mind, a soft heart, and a large funny bone.
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office smack-dab in Boston’s Downtown Crossing, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.