UI Designer (Minerva)
Minerva Analytics, the latest team to emerge from Cogo’s proven incubator model, is seeking a UI Designer to join our team. Using Cogo’s extensive data warehouse, the Minerva team is building communities of users on the internet through a combination of rapid-development web property tools, scalable user acquisition, and extensive competitive and performance analysis. At our core we are a media company that employs data-driven, analytical methodologies to create profitable web businesses.
What you would do:
As an initial member on Minerva’s design team, you'll contribute to all aspects of design and UX strategy for a variety of projects. This includes wire framing, prototyping, branding, and site + email design. You should also be willing to jump into the front-end code and work with engineers to build + ship the products you design, and to collaborate with analysts to test and optimize our products.
What we're looking for:
- A solid design portfolio with an emphasis on UI and mobile design. Maybe you have a BFA in Graphic Design, maybe you’ve learned by doing the job. The important thing is that you have an extensive and varied portfolio to show us.
- Experience working with design and wireframing tools: Our design teams work with Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch and Balsamiq most days, but we are always open to suggestions.
- Strong user experience fundamentals. For you, design is as much about guiding a user to what they need as it is about crafting striking visuals.
- Willingness to step outside of your comfort zone on a regular basis.
- Ideally you have a few years of professional design experience, however recent graduates with strong portfolios are also encouraged to apply. We need a self-starter who can take a bit of directional input and then take off.
Extra points if you have...
- Experience with email marketing and development.
- Taken a stats class. Understanding phrases like “normal distribution” and “confidence interval” is a benefit.
- Previous work with tech startups and the desire to build a business.
- Leadership experience and ability and a desire to grow and build a team.