Bevi is a Series C startup that has raised over $60 million to bring customizable, healthy hydration to offices and facilities across the US and Canada. Founded in 2013, our co-founders set out to out-design bottled water. Within five years time, Bevi has saved the waste generated by over 50 million plastic bottles and seen revenue grow by 10x over the past 2 years! With offices now in Boston, New York, and San Francisco, we continue to grow our healthy flavor offerings and constantly strive to bring the next level of customization to the Bevi hydration experience.
We are seeking a UI/UX Designer to join our Product Design team. Our Designer will be a well-rounded generalist, with deep research skills, UX, UI design and strong aesthetic skills, and will be the team’s subject matter expert and leader of UI/UX design.
What you will do:
- Compose beautiful and compelling user experiences with consistent designs across multiple software applications
- Justify the rationale for design decisions, from product and design strategy to pixel-details visual design, for core Bevi products
- Implement agile UX design techniques, including information architecture, interaction, human factor, content and visual, to rapidly test and iterate on prototypes
- Generate personas and user journeys through user research, identify user challenges and core needs, and validate the right products
- Evaluate the performance of the products and the product design using data-driven success metrics
- Understand the line between “good enough” and constantly seeking perfection
- Translate concepts into low-fidelity wireframes and deliver high-fidelity prototypes that lead to top-notch user experience design solutions
- Own the UX/UI design function, and drive work independently and autonomously toward output
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders in the product, software engineering, and marketing functions
- Set the vision for our software experiences, advocating for stakeholder needs
We think you will bring:
- BS in design (graphic, media, Interaction, product, communication, HCD, or related degree) or equivalent experience
- Prior work experience of at least 1-2 years in the industry
- Fluency in Adobe Suite, Sketch or Invision
- Ability to work with the Software Engineering team to execute designs
- Strong design thinking and critical thinking skills
- Strong color sense and artistic technique
- Passion for pixel-perfect design and strong command of visual design capabilities, including composition, layout information hierarchy, typography, iconography
- Awareness of the latest trends, patterns and practices in UX
- Strong user research practices
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written and visual
- Ability to work efficiently, but also with great attention to detail while under the rigors of a startup schedule
- Bonus: Experience with iOS/mobile/web design
Required for consideration: Please submit a link to a portfolio of your work showcasing predominantly digital and some print design, or upload a digital version of your design work with your application.
- Competitive compensation package, inclusive of generous equity options for employees at all levels
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield and MetLife, 95% paid by employer
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- 401(k) and personal finance education
- 15 days vacation and 9 paid holidays, plus additional paid days for sick leave, bereavement, etc.
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers (mothers and fathers)
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Generous employee referral program
- Fully stocked kitchen with Bevi on tap - and composting and terracycling, too
- Monthly happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards… and more!