Are you a UI designer who wants to measure the effectiveness of your designs through data and testing? Are you looking to grow your skills and work on all stages of design + development? Then we want to talk to you! Cogo Labs is seeking a full-time designer to work on the branding, marketing, and design testing for our new and ongoing business ventures in our incubator.
What you would do:
As a member of one of our analytics teams, you'll contribute to all aspects of design and UX strategy for a variety of projects and businesses. This includes email design and testing, wire framing, prototyping, branding, and site design. You should also be willing to jump into the front-end code and work with engineers to build + ship the products you design, and to collaborate with analysts to test and optimize our products.
What we're looking for:
- A solid design portfolio with an emphasis on UI and UX. Maybe you have a BFA in Graphic Design, maybe you’ve learned by doing the job. The important thing is that you have an extensive and varied portfolio to show us.
- Experience working with design and wireframing tools: Our design teams work with Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch and Balsamiq most days, but we are always open to suggestions.
- Strong user experience fundamentals. For you, design is as much about guiding a user to what they need as it is about crafting striking visuals.
- Willingness to step outside of your comfort zone on a regular basis.
- Ideally you have a few years of professional design experience, however recent graduates with strong portfolios are also encouraged to apply. We need a self-starter who can take a bit of directional input and then take off, and wants to be the go-to design person on a team of analysts and developers.
Extra points if you have...
- Built out the front end within a web application framework (Ruby on Rails, Django).
- Experience with email marketing and development.
- Taken a stats class. Understanding phrases like “normal distribution” and “confidence interval” is a benefit.
- Previous work with tech startups and the desire to build a business.