User Experience Researcher
Who we are
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston (and we’re profitable). Millions of readers use BookBub every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. We’re expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find books and authors they’ll love. Learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
About the position
UX research is essential for the creation of intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions, so that we may solve real problems and deliver meaningful value through our products.
This is a highly collaborative role, in which you’ll have the opportunity to work with multiple product teams and many disciplines while conducting primary research as well as leveling up our collective research practice across the organization. Your work will help us create useful, usable, and delightful new products and features for our customers. You’ll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering compelling written, in-person, and visual presentations on your findings.
- Build clarity and alignment on what actually needs to be learned
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of our products and experiences from beginning to end: intake, plan, conduct, and analyze user research
- Analyze the scope of research requests and develop an appropriate research plan, which may include the creation of low- and/or high-fidelity prototypes
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs, and online experiments (A/B testing)
- Plan and oversee evaluative user research (e.g. usability, tree tests, card sorts, first click tests, etc)
- Help define robust user personas in an effort to align strategy and goals to specific user groups
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations
- Mentor and guide other designers, marketers, and product managers on research methods and best practices
Ideal candidates for this position will have:
- Multiple years of relevant professional experience designing and conducting research studies, ideally in a tech startup or other high-growth organization
- Demonstrated understanding of research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Excellent analytical skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- A degree in or related to anthropology, human factors, psychology, HCI/computer science; or equivalent practical experience
BookBub offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid parental leave, and take-what-you-need paid time off.
Your interview experience
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at [email protected]. All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.