Would you like to join a world-class organization that is dedicated to customer outreach and rich field research with users? Do you have a passion for the hospitality and service industry, and a desire to help build a delightful experience for restaurant guests? If so, you could be a Toaster!
Toast is a rapidly growing company building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of restaurants, cafes, bars, and nightclubs across the country. We are passionately interested in how our users interface with our products and platform. We strive to bring the best designs and interfaces to our users through learning about their behaviors in different environments and how their attitudes and preferences affect how they interact with our product.
The UX Researcher is responsible for recruiting, scheduling & leading research with restaurant owners, managers, staff and end consumers to participate in targeted studies. Such research may include in-restaurant ethnographic field studies, usability testing of proposed new designs, surveys, focus groups, and various online exercises. This role involves building long-term relationships with customers, as well as searching and compiling lists of new potential participants that meet a variety of specific screening criteria. It also involves creatively acquiring additional participants from alternative outside sources.
- Collaborate with Account Management, Marketing, Business Development, Sales and Customer Support to identify ideal study participant candidates and develop the appropriate process for screening & participation.
- Design, launch, and conduct qualitative and quantitative consumer user research studies
- Work with product management & product designers to determine user research needs & scheduling
- Create and socialize detailed user personas for the Toast end consumer
- Be a storyteller – deliver insights both verbally and visually, that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from stakeholders and Toast customers
- Effectively turn insights into actionable recommendations
- Advocate for the customer perspective across Toast
- BA/ BS required
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience leading research projects in a professional environment, preferably in a technology company or research consulting firm
- Experience with B2B and consumer outreach, including demonstrated long-term customer relationship building
- Experience with recruitment for research and screening tools/ process
- A track record of successfully leading detailed user research studies, with a portfolio to showcase this work
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of the hospitality space and the evolving market dynamics will be considered a plus, but not required