are a team of bold copywriters, designers, strategists, engineers, UX researchers, data junkies and product visionaries based in downtown Boston. Over the past ten years, we’ve quietly transformed home security from an outdated, unfriendly industry to something elegant, thoughtful, and beautifully designed. We’ve taken on the industry behemoths, we’re winning, and we want you to join us on our march to victory.
(Oh, and other folks seem to like us a whole lot. CNET, the Wirecutter and PCMag all named us their Editors’ Choice for home security. Not bad for a day’s work).
Everything we do here comes down to one thing: understanding our users. Why did they visit our website? What problems can we help them solve? What were they trying to do? What inhibited them? What delighted them?
You’re here to help make using our website seamless, intuitive and delightful for every user. Through excellent research skills, empathy, and careful observation, you will intimately understand our users and collaborate with product managers, data analysts, designers and developers to solve complex challenges and create powerful experiences. You will lead both qualitative and quantitative research, gleaning insights through methods like ethnography, surveys, usability testing, web analytics and more.
By clearly and powerfully presenting your insights and research, you will influence strategy and product development across all levels and teams.
listen and watch closely. You understand that what people say and what they do are not always the same. You are a critical thinker, able to assess the pros and cons of research methodologies and effectively assess the right tool for the job. You are as comfortable conducting ethnographies as you are crafting effective, insight-driven surveys. You understand your own role as a researcher and how it can skew insights. You are excellent at both analyzing and summarizing your findings, and clearly presenting them to other stakeholders. Most importantly, you’re a lifelong learner, full of curiosity and a deep passion for getting to know people and how they tick.
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology or other related fields or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of work experience in a research role
- Experience conducting usability testing, interviews, surveys, ethnography, A/B testing
- You can communicate clearly and distill complex data into insight, strategy, and design direction
- M.S./M.A. or Ph.D. in a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in survey design. Experience working with statistics and experimental design.
- Experience with ecommerce and conversion rate optimization
- Demonstrated understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
Let us know why you’re the right person for the role. Be concrete. Tell us about research you’ve conducted and show us how effective you are at distilling complex information into clear, actionable insights.