A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit about this role:
Devoted Health is seeing a versatile and talented Visual Design Manager to oversee and produce print and digital materials. As a member of our marketing team, you will work closely with our writing, user experience, and member services team members to develop accurate, simple, easy-to-understand materials and collateral. You are exceptional in typography, composition, layout, color theory, grids, and print production with a keen attention to detail. The ideal candidate has experience designing consumer-friendly materials and is comfortable working with cross-functional teams such including compliance/legal.
- Design and execute Devoted’s core materials that meet our members’ needs across brand, marketing, and digital
- Work directly with vendors to produce and print various materials.
- Engage and manage freelance designers for support on projects on an as-needed basis.
- Contribute to the creation of design concepts with the team through brainstorming and ideation activities.
- Work closely with Devoted’s compliance team to ensure materials follow regulations
Skills and Experience:
- Strong and versatile design portfolio 5–8 years of experience in the creative industry — ideally in a fast-paced environment
- 4–6 years experience in print design
- Deep technical understanding of print production
- A solid understanding of brand systems and visual design
- Excellent attention to detail for both design and accuracy
- Ability to critically and creatively problem-solve on the fly
- Highly collaborative but can also work independently
- Proactive and judicious in collecting critical feedback
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and written/oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at the same time
- Strong mastery in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat), typography, composition/layout
- Experience in other modern design tools such as Sketch, Invision, etc
- Bonus: Experience designing for accessibility
- Bonus: Experience participating in user research activities and incorporating user feedback into your design
- A link to your portfolio is required
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!