ABOUT US & THE JOB
We’re accelerating the adoption of clean energy by bringing the shopping experience online, and are looking for a few talented people to help us take on this challenge.
We are looking for an experienced Visual Designer who can conceptualize, design, and execute innovative and performant creative. Working with Marketing and Product, you will execute on creative concepts and campaigns. The ideal candidate will possess a blend of high concept and creative thinking, combined with proven ‘hands-on’ design execution skills.
Our mission is to make the process of going solar as easy as booking a flight or hotel. Sounds far-fetched? It isn’t at EnergySage – the U.S. Department of Energy, Massachusetts Clean Energy Center, and National Grid are just a few of the organizations betting that we’ll make this vision a reality!
We’d love for you to join. EnergySage is a great place to work, full of friendly, respectful and mission-oriented people. We have the fun “startup stuff” (craft beer Fridays, ping pong tables, bean bags, and team outings to hike nearby mountains), but more importantly, we invest in people, want to see them grow, and empower them to bring new ideas and innovations to life.
- Provide excellent design skills needed to communicate both print and web concepts/campaigns through comps, color selection, images and typography
- Develop on-brand creative that balances the needs of both art and commerce — driving brand image and awareness
- Anticipate and resolve creative challenges by using appropriate resources and/or solutions and manage time efficiently to meet all project deadlines
- Present concepts and collate feedback for all creative projects and collaborate with the team
- Create ads, emails, and web pages that will ultimately drive the EnergySage business as well as represent the brand
- Create pitch decks, 1 pagers, and other collateral that will support our sales team
- Create visuals, diagrams, and illustrations that explain abstract ideas clearly and efficiently
- Create reports that are engaging and on-brand
- Contribute to the constant evolution of the EnergySage brand and ensure that creativity is always prevalent
- Support brand efforts internally through brand guidelines and templates to ensure consistency across the organization
- Manage a rotating team of design interns
- 4-5+ years of marketing design / branding experience
- Be a strategic ‘big thinker’, yet have keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate ideas, deliver engaging concepts, communicate design strategy, and own the resulting solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as a flexible and adaptable attitude
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft programs
- Experience with consumer-facing design and marketing collateral
- Motion Graphic experience a plus
- Must have an understanding of online communications – capabilities and limitations, awareness of web and mobile technologies
- BFA or other training in graphic design/visual communication
HOW TO APPLY
Interested? We hope so! Please send your resume to us and include any relevant website (portfolio/GitHub/Stack Overflow)
EnergySage is committed to building a workplace that welcomes and encourages diverse perspectives, because we know that the most successful teams are diverse teams. We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.