Electrical Product Architect Engineer
As an electrical architecture engineer, you participate in the design, analysis, and prototyping of new products. You’ll work in a product oriented development environment and collaborate with suppliers and outside sources to design and deliver products through production.
We are in a very competitive field so we need you to innovate and develop iconic computing devices for the fast-paced POS hardware field. You’ll need to have a solid electrical design background, as well as familiarity with system integration and fast-paced development lifecycles. You will be expected to work closely with cross functional teams in operations, product development, program management and hardware to define and deliver outstanding products. We empower small teams to do a lot in a start-up work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop the electrical hardware architecture of our next generation POS devices and subsystems.
- Oversee suppliers and design partners in developing designs and electronic systems from concept to production.
- Collaborate with a cross functional team to deliver world class devices.
- Develop and test the defined hardware architecture against requirements with high accountability while managing risks and minimizing changes to the design.
- Contribute expertise to the hardware selection process to meet overall product goals.
- Execute with leadership through all product development phases.
- Support reliability issues related to products that are in the field and being used by our customers.
- Diagnoses hardware and systems failures using established procedures or by creating new means of addressing customer technical issues.
Knowledge & Experience:
- BS degree in electrical/computer engineering.
- Demonstrated excellence collaborating across project teams.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience with consumer, enterprise, and/or handheld product design. Minimum 5 years work experience with android hardware.
- Strong hands on experience debugging system-level issues.
- Knowledge of embedded system design and hardware components such as: signal integrity design and validation, ARM based chipsets, touch screen display types, LCD/LED touchscreens, system power design, analog and audio components.
- Experience with 3G, 4G, Wi-fi and BT systems
- Understanding of various communication channels, including but not limited to RS232, USB, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, I2S, and SDIO.
- Experience with oscilloscopes, waveform generators, laboratory power supplies is required.
- Ability to supervise, review, and influence PCB designs.
- Experience with data collection/analysis methodologies and tools.
- Proven track record as a hardware design engineer on projects that were successfully released.
- Expertise in all phases of systems analysis, the hardware development process and functional engineering principles.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical leadership skills.
- Experience with EE CAD tools for schematic design, simulation, and PCB layout review.
- Experience supporting overseas manufacturing builds.
- Shipped multiple products in a lead or principal engineer role.
- MS Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering.
- 12 years of relevant work experience.
- Broad range of experience and technical depth that can be applied to a broad range of problems.
- Knowledge of the POS industry is a plus.
- Experience with Jira/Confluence.