What we’re about: Cantina is an award-winning strategic design and development agency based in Boston with expertise in digital design, mobile app and web development, IoT, connected devices, and experience strategy. We work with companies in all major industry sectors ranging from the Fortune 500 to high growth startups. Our clients include some of the largest and most innovative companies on the planet, and we are actively exploring and doing work in a variety of exciting areas including health & wellness, financial services, sports tech, AR & VR, and machine learning. At our core, we are a team of creators, innovators, builders, designers, engineers, and strategists who love what we do. We are committed to designing and building experiences that truly matter, and that enhance the human experience. If you are excited about this opportunity, and you’ve got what it takes to make an impact in this critical role at Cantina, we want to hear from you!
- 3+ years of experience with mobile applications development cycle using Android SDK.
- Strong foundational knowledge of Android development.
- Experience with Java required, Kotlin experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Web services architectures, RESTful web services, PubSub, push notifications, real time messaging, data architecture and on-device storage engines.
- Know how to identify project issues.
- App development to support Bluetooth hardware integration, in particular Bluetooth Smart/BLE.
- Cross-platform mobile development with React Native is a plus.
- Experience with iOS and Swift, or willingness to learn those, is also a huge plus.
- Functional reactive programming (RxJava, RxJS, RxSwift, ..)
- Experience working in a consulting environment.
- Github with relevant projects to showcase.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Eligible for target bonus of up to 20% of base salary
Benefits and perks
- 100% employer-paid insurance premiums for health, dental, vision and disability
- Optional company-paid mobile phone plan
- Company-paid bike share program
- Flexible work arrangements (such as work from home days) available upon request
- Paid parental leave for up to six (6) weeks
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Vacation time accrued to twenty (20) days per year
- Convenient downtown Boston location
- Snacks, refreshments, coffee, tea and more in the office