The MassMutual Data Engineering Group in the Customer Experience Organization is seeking an outstanding API engineer to join our team in Data Engineering. The successful candidate will work with fellow engineers and enterprise stakeholders to develop API’s for the various data driven systems we have to help us transform the insurance industry. The successful applicant will be expected to quickly learn new cutting-edge technologies, technical concepts, and complex problem spaces. The applicant must possess a solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, including database fundamentals and web-based API’s enabling business applications and usage at scale.
Current projects include: Design and develop API’s using REST, in Python, Node.js, Java and Scala to provide data integration functionality for the diverse financial and life insurance data.
Working with the different company business units to map and integrate disparate data from a variety of source systems using API microservices pattern.
This position can be located in our Boston, New York City or Springfield offices.
- Working closely with a team of highly skilled data and API engineers to help connect and integrate web services across the enterprise.
- Be self-supportive in collaborating with your peers to effectively deliver robust solutions for the business.
- Write tested, robust code that can be quickly moved into production. Work seamlessly in an agile environment with engineers, product managers, business analysts, and designers to understand end-user requirements.
- Support-what-you-build, including monitoring, performance tuning, and responding to incidents.
- 1+ years of experience with full stack development, including application, API, testing, and automation experience using at least one of the following languages – Python, Java, Scala
- Experience working in an agile environment and collaborating with the team to solve technical challenges using rapid and iterative development
- SQL for database schema design (Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server, etc.)
- Developing RESTful APIs and API Gateway integration (Kong / Apigee etc.)
- Experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
- Advanced proficiency in Node.js and/or Scala
- Advanced Database design and administration
- Advanced experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Application security best practices
- Software and system architecture
- Open source web application frameworks (Node.js / Play etc.)
- Unit test frameworks (scala test / mocha / junit / jasmine etc.)
- Continuous integration server(s) (Jenkins / TeamCity / GoCD etc.) and continuous deployments
- Cloud experience (AWS / Azure etc.)
- Superior communication skills with the ability to work directly with business partners