Aurora’s contributions to the aerospace industry include the world-record breaking Orion medium-altitude long endurance aircraft, the first fully autonomous helicopter (Office of Naval Research’s AACUS program), a flying taxi (Uber Elevate consortium), Centaur optionally piloted aircraft, and Odysseus solar plane, to name a few.
- Development of ground control stations of next-generation autonomous aircraft.
- Candidate must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident/Green Card Holder).
- Education Requirements: B.S. and Preferably M.S. in Computer Science / Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 1+ years of Java software development experience.
- Strong knowledge of Java programming language.
- Knowledge and experience with OSGI, Patterns (MVC and friends), Swing, JavaFX.
- Experience in full software development lifecycle, from requirements through test and release.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High reliability software design and implementation experience
- Team leadership experience
- Experience coding for UAS, Autonomous Vehicles, Air Traffic Control Management
- Experience coding Command and Control interfaces for multi-vehicle systems
- Experience eliciting customer requirements
- Familiarity with existing Autonomous vehicle command and control software development platforms
- Communications frameworks and protocols: DDS or similar pub/sub, ActiveMQ, UCS / STANAG 4586, reliable / guaranteed / real-time delivery
- Experience CMMI (level 3 or higher)
- Knowledge of DO-178 and related processes
- Human Machine Interaction (HMI)
Read Full Job Description