Associate Software QA Engineer
Let me tell you about an artificial intelligence (AI) company that you probably have never hear of, but you will. As a matter of fact, this company is the world’s largest independent AI company and it’s headquartered in the Boston area. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s hottest and most dynamic industries.
Interactions’ mission is to create amazing customer experiences by advancing AI technology that understands and engages on a human level. The human element of what we do not only relates to how we differentiate our AI technology, more importantly, it informs and guides our focus on our most valuable asset, our employees. We endeavor to create opportunities for our employees to advance their skills, their interests, their passions, their careers and their lives. Like all companies, we’re not perfect, but we are committed to continually improving our employee value proposition, one that centers on competitiveness, flexibility and an appreciation for individuality.
For prospective employees, if that sounds challenging and exciting, we’d love to talk to you. We set a high bar, but if working with the best and brightest, at the epicenter of a transformational technology wave, consider Interactions.
The Associate Software QA Engineer is responsible for testing voice and web applications from beginning to end prior to release to clients. The Associate Software QA Engineer is responsible for understanding application specifications and developing and executing test plans to verify compliance to specifications and quality standards, providing project plan inputs, and supporting client testing as required. This entry-level position performs testing activities as directed under close supervision with only limited latitude to make independent judgment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Define and execute test plans for product/system testing and end-to-end testing of Client Solution Applications.
- Support software QA test planning and testing across full lifecycle of application development including planning, development, implementation and maintenance.
- Perform testing in close collaboration with developers concurrent with development and in an agile manner.
- Perform complete end-to-end solution testing in the QA environment.
- Perform incremental release testing.
- Perform regression and negative testing.
- Install and configure the software on platforms to be tested.
- Troubleshoot environments problems.
- Deal directly with Client QA and App Dev staff.
- Track and report billable and non-billable activities by type.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide feedback on QA processes, techniques and practices leading to potential improvements.
- Complete required documentation of Client Solution test plans, test results, and quality assessment.
- Triage and support Client applications as needed.
Preparation, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Entry level with 0-3 years of relevant experience.
- Team player with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to successfully communicate with distributed development and test teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience developing or testing software
- Voice application software QA experience.
- Experience with Python and shell scripting and comfortable working in a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Have the ability to read the application code and determine bugs by performing white box testing.
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies.