Piaggio Fast Forward is hiring an experienced CAD Designer to join our Mechanical team. The CAD Designer is primarily responsible for creating and maintaining CAD files for new and current products utilizing Fusion 360 and Autodesk Inventor CAD software. This flexible opportunity has room to grow based on the candidate's capabilities.
- Create, detail, and assemble parts into CAD assemblies based on whiteboard sketches and verbal communication.
- Modify and add parametric features to surface models.
- Update and maintain current CAD files on existing designs.
- Update and maintain a BOM for all models generated.
- Work with production on prototype designs and confirming designs.
- Work closely with fabrication shops on drawing and part issues.
- This position will also involve design tasks based upon candidate skill level.
- This position may also involve fabrication tasks based upon candidate skill level.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of relevant experience OR relevant Associate Degree
- Must have a thorough knowledge of and the ability to demonstrate knowledge in a CAD software program.
- Autodesk Inventor and Fusion 360 knowledge is preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with CAD file exchange platform and shared assemblies.
- Working knowledge of basic machine and fabrication shop techniques.
- Must be capable of taking direction from project engineers.
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Working knowledge of measurement instruments.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow directions, yet work with limited supervision.