Cloud Operations Engineer
Who we are
ETQ is the leader in Quality and Environmental Health and Safety Management Software Solutions in the industry. ETQ is the preferred solution for Fortune 100 companies and startup companies alike. We work with some of the largest brands in the world. ETQ is a proud TCV company, TCV partners with CEOs and founders of public and private growth-stage technology companies as they strive to achieve market leadership. ETQ is a rapidly growing startup building the best in brand quality and environmental health and safety management software solutions in the industry. ETQ helps business owners operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways
Who are our employees
At ETQ, it is all about our employees! Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to ETQ's ever-growing success
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an exceptional and driven Cloud Operations Engineer to join a growing team in Tucson, AZ.
What to expect
- Handles Cloud Operations based on a defined service list, that includes but not limited to, Installations, scaling servers, migrating customer environments, solving infrastructure issues, taking backups, etc....
- Write scripts to provision cloud resources and manage implementation automation.
- Identify the manual operations and update the team's automation roadmap to automate them.
- Play a customer facing role and communicate with prospect customers to architect solutions for their scalable and HA deployments.
- Implement and maintain backup and recovery solution for customers' cloud computing resources.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports on Cloud metrics, including cost, capacity, downtime, performance, and projects.
- Manage the patching for the OS Firewalls and the application updates.
- Design and manage cloud customers security policies.
- Troubleshoot customer system issues and manage taking customer communication channels end-to-end
- Identify new security threats by conducting vulnerability assessments; evaluate and recommend procedures used to mitigate risks
- Handle any cloud related requests as necessary
What you need to succeed
- BS. degree in a technical disciple
- 3-4 years of experience in Cloud systems Administration
- Proficiency and Proven Hands-on experience AWS Services; EC2, CloudFormation, VPC, ELB, AWS Security, S3, RDS, EBS, ECS.
- Excellent command in Linux and Windows Server.
- In-depth understanding of TCP/IP LAN/WAN networking technologies and troubleshooting techniques
- Excellent knowledge in Operations Automation scripting, like PowerShell/Linux Shell
- Experience in deploying Java-based Web Applications, Tomcat, Apache HTTP, etc...
- Experience in rearchitecting on-premise highly available systems and migrate them to AWS infra.
- Experience in Managing DB Servers, MySQL, MS SQL, and Oracle.
- Excellent customer facing skills, meeting customers and handle their cloud hosting requests.
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience.
- Experience in monitoring, metrics collection, and reporting using open source tools.
- AWS Certification is a big plus, AWS Certified Solution Architect/ AWS Certified SysOps Engineer.
- Container Based Hosting experience using Docker and AWS Container Service is a great plus.
- Experience in IT standards such as ITIL, PCI or ISO 27001.