Cloud Operations Support Engineer
The role requires a deep understanding of Linux server administration, networking and key applications and services running on virtualized and non-virtualized platforms. The role’s primary focus is the simplification of managing instances of the company’s products and services by leveraging software and open source solutions to automate the many cloud operational support tasks. The role also requires a background in ITIL V3 Change, Incident, and Problem processes. This role will be a liaison between the client and the engineering team, to include but not limited to reporting, client facing communication, and technical support. In addition, Abacus’ Cloud Operations Engineers are responsible for complex problem resolution, creating and improving procedures and facilitating communication. Other duties include researching, proofing, and authoring technical documentation which support the company’s compliance requirements. This is a great career opportunity for a highly motivated individual who wants to extend and utilize their existing solid and broad skills.
Responsibilities are many and varied for the right engineer in our growing company. This role is critical to the success of Abacus Insights and as such requires both depth and breadth in most of the technologies leveraged in a cloud based environment to support multi-tiered applications. Furthermore, a solid understanding of the components required to provide a high-availability application and networking environment is required. The role requires a strong work ethic and the following key responsibilities
- Understanding of the Cloud Security tooling landscape and has experience integrating various Cloud Security tools together to provide end to end application lifecycle management
- Development of automated solutions to monitor and support our software development and release processes
- Install, configure, and upgrade custom and packaged applications.
- Be on-point for escalations for all production issues during shift or as required.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation
- Guide and promote timely team responses to all SEV3, SEV2, and SEV1 (CSO) incidents.
- Create and optimize support processes
- Design and maintain production monitoring systems.
- Troubleshoot performance and stability issues using a wide variety of tools.
- Evaluate and manage application and environment security.
- Follow change management processes during implementations.
- Use and maintain version control for application infrastructure.
- Work in a diverse and global team environment.
- Cross-train with other global team members
- Seek opportunities to streamline standard operating procedures through automation
- Support POC deployments as required for client or automation development
- Build relationships with key IT stakeholders and Vendors
- Experience working with Zen Desk
- Design and deliver reports to clients
- Communicate technical information to non-technical staff in a way that is easy to understand
- A willingness to work outside their standard comfort zone and support a variety of roles in order to deliver for the corporation and/or client
- Knowledge of relevant healthcare security regulations such a HIPAA, HITRUST and other regulations and standards such as PCI, ISO, NIST and SOC.
Job Qualifications & Skills/Experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a 24×7 high-availability production environment
- 5+ years AWS or other cloud infrastructure and administration of compute and storage resources
- In depth understanding of TCP/IP LAN/WAN networking technologies and troubleshooting techniques
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database technologies such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra and CouchDB.
- A background in automating the management of a data center environment with technologies such as Terraform and Kubernetes
- Experience of working in a DevOps model
- Critical attention to detail, thoroughness and documentation
- Providing rotational on call support
- A thorough background check and references will be required.
- BCS degree or equivalent experience
- ITIL V3
- HIPAA /HITRUST
Highly Desirable Requirements:
- Experience working in J2EE, JMS, MQ and SOAP application environments
- Experience with intrusion detection systems and network and server security hardening
- Industry certifications, preferably AWS, Azure,
- Good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and Agile/Scrum practices
- Security compliance experience such as HIPAA, HITRUST, PCI, ISO 27001 or SOC
- Experience of working in a DevOps environment
- ITIL V3 Foundations Certification