Composites Technical Engineer
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
The goal of the Technical Solutions team is to build relationships based on trust which result in successful, passionate, loyal customers and colleagues. We do this through listening to their needs and guiding them to the fullest use of the products we offer. We are looking for people with the right mix of compassion, writing skills, and technical knowledge to get the job done.
In this role you will:
- Become an expert on the entire composite product line, including the Mark Two and X7
- Investigate and troubleshoot customer issues and questions around our composites printers
- Author and editor of our partner & customer facing documentation
- Be an active member of a team that provides first class support to our users via email, web and phone
- Close the feedback loop with the Markforged Development teams regarding the customer experience with our products
What we look for:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or an equivalent technical background
- Working knowledge of one or more: 3D Printing, CAD, Mechanical or Robotics Engineering, and Cloud Technologies
- Experience in a support ticketing system (though not necessary)
- A knack for taking technical language and making it understandable
- A passion for solving tough problems and proposing elegant solutions
- Have excellent writing and communication skills
- A quick learner of new technologies
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization. We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up. We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates.
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description