Director of DevOps
Let me tell you about an artificial intelligence (AI) company that you probably have never heard of, but you will. As a matter of fact, this company is the world’s largest independent AI company and it’s headquartered in the Boston area. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s hottest and most dynamic industries.
Interactions’ mission is to create amazing customer experiences by advancing AI technology that understands and engages on a human level. The human element of what we do not only relates to how we differentiate our AI technology, more importantly, it informs and guides our focus on our most valuable asset, our employees. We endeavor to create opportunities for our employees to advance their skills, their interests, their passions, their careers and their lives. Like all companies, we’re not perfect, but we are committed to continually improving our employee value proposition, one that centers on competitiveness, flexibility and an appreciation for individuality.
For prospective employees, if that sounds challenging and exciting, we’d love to talk to you.
To support our continued growth, Interactions is hiring a DevOPs Manager. This hands-on position is responsible for leading the design and implementation of automating platform deployments, scaffolding and monitoring. Manager, DevOps reports to the Engineering Director and works in close collaboration with Platform Engineering, QA, Product Owners, Professional Services and third party software vendors.
- Hands-on contributor and management of the DevOps team.
- Responsible for overall SDLC: Plan, organize, manage the Scrum and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the DevOps team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Management of DevOps resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class team.
- Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
- Manage multiple projects and initiatives at the same time.
- Collaborate with senior leadership on a regular basis.
- Work to automate deployments, build out AWS environments, work towards continuous deployment.
- Be responsible for ongoing deployment infrastructure improvements and evolvement: work towards containerized deployment, continuous deployment.
- Assigns and monitors work of technical personnel, ensuring that development and deployment is done in the best possible way, and implements quality control and review systems throughout the processes
- Maintains accurate program estimates, timelines, project plans, and status reports.
- Report to management on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance.
- Provide technical leadership by example, focusing on best practices in coding, SDLC, documentation, testing and code quality.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership throughout product development cycles.
- Identifies technical and process improvement opportunities and socialize/advocate to get them implemented.
- Effectively communicating within and outside the team.
- Troubleshooting and fixing issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Ten or more years of engineering experience.
- Five or more years of experience managing DevOps teams of 4+ people.
- Hands-on manager with the ability to contribute in code as needed.
- Experience working with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle – ranging from architecture and design to implementation and testing.
- Familiar with the agile development methodology.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge/experience with networking concepts: routing, firewalls, NAT, DNS, etc.
- Knowledge/experience with Linux/Unix operating system: command line, shell scripting, permissions, authentication, security, etc.
- Experience with AWS environment: EC2, RDS, ALB, Route53
- Prior experience building Platforms and/or SaaS based software.
- Experience with Java.
- Experience with Ansible, Terraform, and Docker or other containerization technologies.
- Experience building distributed systems handling high volumes.
- Prior experience with voice technologies.
- DevOps Engineers