Director of Electrical Engineering
Bevi is a Series C startup that has raised over $60 million to bring customizable, healthy hydration to offices and facilities across the US and Canada. Founded in 2013, our co-founders set out to out-design bottled water. Within five years time, Bevi has saved the waste generated by over 50 million plastic bottles and seen revenue grow by 10x over the past 2 years! With offices now in Boston, New York, and San Francisco, we continue to grow our healthy flavor offerings and constantly strive to bring the next level of customization to the Bevi hydration experience.
Bevi is searching for a Director of Electrical Engineering who is excited to join a growing team and leverage their knowledge and experience to develop products in a fast paced environment. We’re looking for someone who has expertise designing systems that include power, computing, networking, sensing and actuation components; and who is looking to flex their muscle as a technical leader while at the same time getting their hands dirty by contributing significantly to the design of delivery systems that will save the world from the waste associated with the traditional beverage supply chain.
Our Director of Electrical Engineering will:
- Be the primary owner for all electrical system design and lead our electrical engineering function.
- Own design responsibility for the embedded computing solution for all Bevi systems
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team to prototype, develop and bring to market innovative machines focused on outstanding customer experience, reliability and cost
- Be responsible for electrical system and architectural design, as well as analysis and trade off studies to evaluate candidate designs
- Design, test, and validate custom PCBAs, including power, high-speed signal, RF and networking circuits
- Be primary technical point of contact for PCB fabrication and assembly suppliers, including prototype houses and mass production contract manufacturers, working closely with suppliers to improve quality while reducing lead times and cost
- Design, evaluate and implement Electrical Engineering processes, tools and standards to optimize work and ensure high quality
- Mentor department engineers and continue to grow the team
We think you will bring:
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering with 8+ years of product design experience in Robotics, IoT or other similar field
- Leadership experience and a team-oriented approach to problem solving and knowledge generation
- Deep experience working with cost-optimized embedded computing hardware, including custom SBCs, SOMs, and system integration
- Excellent circuit design and analysis fundamentals, including in-depth knowledge of best practices for mixed signal circuit design, embedded systems, sensing and actuation
- Understanding of electrical design for manufacturing, assembly and test
- Experience with firmware development
- Practical knowledge of electronics debug and failure analysis, including ability to rework SMT circuitry components
- Experience using Altium Designer or similar schematic and layout design tool
- Working understanding of Android OS is a plus
- Competitive compensation package, inclusive of generous equity options for employees at all levels
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield and MetLife, 95% paid by employer
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- 401(k) and personal finance education
- 15 days vacation and 9 paid holidays, plus additional paid days for sick leave, bereavement, etc.
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers (mothers and fathers)
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Generous employee referral program
- Fully stocked kitchen and Bevis on tap - and composting and terracycling, too
- Monthly happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards… and more!