Director of Engineering
We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
The strategy behind the game.
As the Director of Engineering, you’ll help guide the development organization in building scalable applications that follow engineering best practices. We are looking for a passionate leader with the ability to direct teams of highly talented technologists.
What you will do as the Director of Engineering:
- Create effective full-stack software development teams focused on delivering value for the company
- Collaborate with product management to balance long term technical health and rapid delivery of compelling features for our passionate base of users
- Enable your teams to develop scalable high performance software for a consumer facing product with truly unique traffic patterns
- Drive efficiency in your teams by eliminating blocks and focusing efforts on tooling, continuous delivery and maintainable automation testing
- Foster a culture of operational excellence in your teams through real time monitoring and alerting
What you will need to bring:
- 7+ Years experience building and managing effective technology teams
- A background in object-oriented programming in a language such as Java, C#, Objective-C or C++
- Ability to work collaboratively across many disciplines, enabling good decisions at every level
- Technology leadership experience with demonstrated ability to design, build and operate scalable systems through others
- Fluency in Agile software practices
- Experience with Cloud-based architectures -- we use AWS
- Familiarity with Mobile application development
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.