Director of Hardware Reliability and Test
Bevi is a Series C startup that has raised over $60 million to bring customizable, healthy hydration to offices and facilities across the US and Canada. Founded in 2013, our co-founders set out to out-design bottled water. Within five years time, Bevi has saved the waste generated by over 50 million plastic bottles and seen revenue grow by 10x over the past 2 years! With offices now in Boston, New York, and San Francisco, we continue to grow our healthy flavor offerings and constantly strive to bring the next level of customization to the Bevi hydration experience.
We are looking for a Director of Hardware Reliability and Test to lead our reliability improvement initiatives and help deliver world class products. Working with the product and engineering teams, the ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring the reliability of new products as well as supporting both R&D and ongoing production with test requirements, design, execution and analysis. This is an opportunity to be involved in all aspects of product engineering and participate in the development of exciting products that change the way people think about how they get their beverages.
Our Director of Hardware Reliability and Test will:
- Be the primary stakeholder for all reliability and test initiatives
- Lead and execute reliability improvement through long-term internal testing, customer site testing, and manufacturing sample testing. Including the creation of protocols, oversight of execution, data acquisition and analysis.
- Support field issue investigation through the application of data collection tools, analysis, and trending of field failure rates.
- Design tools, test hardware and data acquisition systems.
- Lead cross functional teams in electro-mechanical root cause analysis.
- Conduct predictive analyses based on database and test generated data.
- Develop tools and procedures for field service technicians to diagnose and repair defects.
- Manage product certification process
We think you will bring:
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering, or other related field
- 8+ years experience delivering outstanding products on aggressive timelines
- Experience with the implementation of a Design for Reliability (DfR) product development program.
- Understanding of DfX principles and knowledge based, lean product development.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, capable of facilitating dynamic group initiatives, e.g. DFMEA, RGT. Comfortable presenting reliability analyses to team and non-technical leadership.
- Experience applying analytical, statistical, and test techniques to design problem solving.
- Highly experienced with Accelerated Life Testing (ALT), Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT), Experience with Allocation Modeling, Reliability Block Diagrams, Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis (DFMEA), and Reliability Growth Testing (RGT) and Design of Experiments (DoE).
- Competence with Weibull analysis. Should be familiar with software such as Reliasoft, Weibull ++ and Synthesis.
- Familiarity with statistical programs such as Minitab and advanced statistical Excel functions.
- Prefer Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) certification from ASQ
- Prefer familiarity with appliance certification qualifications: NSF, UL, ULC, CSA, CE
- Prefer experience with ISTA transportation certification.
- Competitive compensation package, inclusive of generous equity options for employees at all levels
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield and MetLife, 95% paid by employer
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- 401(k) and personal finance education
- 15 days vacation and 9 paid holidays, plus additional paid days for sick leave, bereavement, etc.
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers (mothers and fathers)
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Generous employee referral program
- Fully stocked kitchen and Bevis on tap - and composting and terracycling, too
- Monthly happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards… and more!