Director of Software Architecture
We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
The strategy behind the game.
As the Director of Software Architecture, you’ll help guide the development organization in building scalable applications that follow engineering best practices. We are looking for a passionate leader with the ability to direct teams of highly talented technologists.
What you’ll do as a Director of Software Architecture:
- Build a team of technologists who will take the lead in designing solutions to meet challenging business requirements.
- Create and implement controls—structure software best practices within DraftKings engineering.
- Collaborate with others to ensure consistency and interoperability of applications.
- Design a technology roadmap to support business objectives.
- Facilitate technical outreach to the greater development organization to help the DraftKings platform grow.
What skills you will use:
- 7+ years of experience building and managing effective technology teams.
- A background in object-oriented programming in a language such as Java, C#, Objective-C, or C++.
- Technology leadership experience with a demonstrated ability to design, build, and operate scalable systems through others.
- An ability to set and drive the “big picture” strategy while also having the capability to provide detailed technical guidance to the team.
- Experience with Cloud-based architectures—we use AWS.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.