Director, Software Engineering
- Manage our software team, including software, DevOps, and SQA engineers; day-to-day, this means developing processes, making plans and tracking progress, managing the software development schedule, contributing to budgeting efforts, and regularly engaging one-on-one with your direct reports.
- Work with our software and system architects to define technical direction, review code, implement small features to gain understanding of code base, development environment, and tools.
- Define hiring needs for the software team, help define our software hiring process, help recruit new team members, and coach existing team members in their career development.
- Identify and evaluate vendors, and work with Veo management to negotiate pricing for external services and products.
- Collaborate with the rest of the management team to help set company direction and address key challenges.
- A software engineering leader who has built and led high-quality teams developing complex systems in a field involving electromechanical systems, high-performance computing, large data flows, robotics, or similar technologies
- Experienced in early stage product development, preferably in a startup environment
- A team-focused leader with excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills who cares deeply about building teams that are creative, rigorous, and supportive
- An advocate for good software development practices including automated testing, code reviews, and continuous integration
- Comfortable representing your company or your team with customers and partners
- You have experience with regulated environments such as functional safety or medical devices
- You have experience with robotics or industrial automation
Our toolbox includes:
- GPU acceleration, CUDA
- Linux, OpenEmbedded, Git, AWS, Jenkins, Google Test
About Veo: We are committed to:- Excellence in our work- Respect for each other- Integrity, honesty, and transparency We believe that great work gets done in a positive, supportive environment with teams made up of all kinds of people, including but not limited to those of all races, colors, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientations, national origins, disabilities, veteran status, and ages; or as the Vulcans say, IDIC. Veo Robotics is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws. We offer:- Competitive pay- Equity participation- Excellent health, vision, and dental coverage- 401(k) plan- Generous vacation policy- Fully paid parental leave Candidates must be willing to submit to a background check. To all recruitment agencies: Veo Robotics does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Veo Robotics employees or any other company location. Veo Robotics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.