Director, Software Engineering
Let me tell you about an artificial intelligence (AI) company that you probably have never hear of, but you will. As a matter of fact, this company is the world’s largest independent AI company and it’s headquartered in the Boston area. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s hottest and most dynamic industries.
Interactions’ mission is to create amazing customer experiences by advancing AI technology that understands and engages on a human level. The human element of what we do not only relates to how we differentiate our AI technology, more importantly, it informs and guides our focus on our most valuable asset, our employees. We endeavor to create opportunities for our employees to advance their skills, their interests, their passions, their careers and their lives. Like all companies, we’re not perfect, but we are committed to continually improving our employee value proposition, one that centers on competitiveness, flexibility and an appreciation for individuality.
For prospective employees, if that sounds challenging and exciting, we’d love to talk to you. We set a high bar, but if working with the best and brightest, at the epicenter of a transformational technology wave, consider Interactions.
Come join us and be part of our mission to continue to deliver on our best of breed intelligent Virtual Assistant cloud platform. This is a very exciting time to join a growing team of bright, motivated and talented engineers working on creating innovative solutions that combines our best of breed research and technologies in speech recognition, NLP and conversational dialog management. As a Director of Engineering you will play a key role in leading the design and implementation of components and features of the AI platform. You will work in close collaboration with other Engineering teams, DevOps, Product Owners, Professional Services and third party software vendors.
- Managing Engineering teams, both Dev and QA, contributing to the Interactions AI Platform offerings.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and initiatives at the same time.
- Experience working with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle – ranging from architecture and design to implementation and testing.
- Troubleshooting and fixing issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicating within and outside the team.
- Bring new technical ideas to fruition by prototyping new ideas and transforming research POCs into production ready software.
- 15+ years of engineering experience working on systems/algorithm-level programming in C++/Linux/Python
- 5+ years of experience managing, growing and building Dev and QA teams of 10+ people.
- Leading strong technical teams with a maniacal focus on reliability and scalability.
- Hands-on manager who can also contribute in code if the need arises.
- Knowledge of Linux operating system fundamentals.
- Experience working with the agile development methodology.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Experience building complex backend products like Speech Recognition Engines, Databases, etc.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent qualification.
- Prior experience with Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Automatic Speech
- Recognition, or related technologies
- Prior experience working on backend components that are highly reliable and scalable.
- This role will manage a group of mid to senior level developers as well as QA Engineers.