Director of Software Engineering
Chewy is hiring a Director of Engineering for our team in Boston, MA.
What you'll do:
- You will be tasked with building and managing multiple scrum teams, technical product managers and others to deliver high quality software as part of the fastest growing e-commerce company on the market.
- Provide strong technical leadership and build autonomous teams
- Mentor technical leaders and provide career development and professional growth of our amazing engineers and managers
- Oversee work of talented cross-functional teams to strategically plan, design and develop solutions critical to Chewy’s business
- Contribute to technical architecture decisions and lead efforts to build and maintain a highly scalable software platform
- Contribute and evolve our culture to enable flawless execution and win against all competition in the US
- Position may require some travel
What you'll need:
- 10+ years of experience building commercial software and relevant experience in leadership roles within engineering organizations
- Must be a believer in Agile and Lean methodologies and have experience in evolving them at scale
- A track record of highly influential technical and leadership achievements, strong and current technical contributions
- Excellent understanding of algorithms, data structures, performance optimization techniques, and programming in Java
- Effective communication skills along with strong programming and analytical skills
- Strategic manager with strong operational, project management and technical architecture skills
- Ability to excel within a VERY fast paced startup environment with a flat organizational structure, and provide hands-on leadership to our top-tier engineers. Must have start up experience.
- Experienced in managing managers, as well as, highly skilled senior engineers/architects
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- E-commerce experience
- Java ecosystem experience
- AWS ecosystem experience