Aurora Flight Sciences, a Boeing subsidiary, is seeking Electrical Engineers for the design and development of next generation autonomous systems of manned and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). Aurora Flight Sciences designs, builds and flies new aircraft platforms every year with multiple programs in process at any time. Recent projects have focused on man portable UAS, fully electric aircraft, cockpit robotics, vertical takeoff and landing aircraft and solar powered systems.
As part of a highly collaborative environment you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team to define the cutting edge of aerospace. As such, candidates must have excellent communication and organizational skills and a desire to take on new tasks and skills.
· Experienced Level: Responsible for a complicated component or system from concept through flight test. Take requirements and turn them into a working system. Estimate time to complete complex tasks accurately. Direct a small team of engineers to accomplish a common goal.
· Senior Level: Responsible for an entire aircraft’s system architecture and/or a subject matter expert spanning multiple aircraft programs. Expected to define system level requirements and lead a team of multi-discipline engineers. Key contributor for bringing aircraft to first flight.
Candidates have demonstrated working knowledge of one or more of the following:
· Electrical and/or Computer Engineering
· Production ready PCB designs
· DO-178 or DO-254 Certification
· Fault Tolerant Systems
· Aircraft Avionics
· Vehicle Command and Control
· Technical Project Management
· Electric Actuation and Propulsion
· Vehicle Communications System
· Wiring & Harness
· Analog and Power Electronics
· High Speed Digital
· Working knowledge of tools:
· Harness Design tools
· EDA tools
· 3D Design tools
· Simulation tools
· MS Office, Project and MS Visio
Education Requirements: Bachelors’ degree required; Electrical Engineering degree or focus on Electric principals preferred
· Experienced Level: 3 (+) Years of Relevant Industry Experience
· Senior Level: 8 (+) Years of Relevant Industry Experience
Candidates must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident/Green Card Holder)