Engineering Enablement Specialist
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an extraordinary commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help craft the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
As the Toast Engineering team continues to expand year over year, we are investing heavily to evolve and improve our on-boarding experience, as well as provide continuing learning and development opportunities to our existing team. This work will ensure that new hires are ramped quickly and that our existing team continues to improve. As an Engineering Enablement Specialist, you will be responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating initiatives in this area. This is a high impact, high visibility and new area within Toast.
As an Engineering Enablement Specialist, here is what you'll be working on:
- Onboarding Support: Working with leadership and engineers to schedule, manage and coordinate agenda and program details including but not limited to asset preparation, recordings, and final assessments.
- Content and Trainer Development: Develop and iterate on training content. Partner with engineers, leaders, and others to ensure that appropriate developmental objectives are set and that the content is clear and well-organized. Provide feedback and guidance to trainers to ensure engaging and impactful delivery.
- Content Management: Update and maintain resources about Engineering technical content (using Confluence and Google Docs or other tools). Work with Documentation team and others to develop an appropriate information architecture that facilitates discovery and active maintenance by the community. Ensure that trainings are properly managed in a LMS.
- Impact Assessment: Create surveys or learning assessments and analyze engineering productivity data to understand the impact of programs and initiatives developed by the enablement team.
- Special Projects: Ad-hoc project work as needed, as we grow our engineering enablement program. Collaborate with other specialists as well as engineering leadership in order to identify areas that can benefit from targeted improvements.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Enjoy interacting with new people, whether new hires or existing employees, across the company, in an open and inclusive way
- Have good attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with learning and development or training highly beneficial, including familiarity with content development, learning management systems
- A technical/STEM background beneficial (e.g., comfortable with basic data analysis and software development concepts); actual development experience a significant plus.
- Naturally intellectually curious, looking to learn and grow
- Excited with helping shape a growing role at Toast