This is a terrific opportunity for an self-motivated individual with excellent customer service skills to join our team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As the 15th fastest growing company in US & #1 in Massachusetts (Inc 500), we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
You will take on a player-coach role in the organization - providing mentorship, guidance and technical leadership to a growing team of talented engineers (~75%) while performing hand-to-keyboard engineering on complex and high value projects (~25%) to more deeply understand our technology foundation and to guide the organization on future project designs and architectural direction.
In this role you will:
- Lead, develop and grow strong, self-directing technology teams that design, architect, test, and develop performant, resilient, secure and sustainable systems
- Enable the team to achieve its goals in providing value to the business - balancing speed with stability while ensuring the long-term health of the team, the engineering process, and the technology platform.
- Strengthen the team, in office and remote engineers, through effective training, coaching, feedback, and recruiting
- Cultivate an inspiring and inclusive engineering culture, that fosters deep stakeholder empathy and motivates top performers
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and make things happen. You will be expected to perform hands-to- keyboard engineering on complicated and high value projects (~25% of the time)
- Empathy: Develops a deep understanding of the needs and challenges facing our merchants and partners
- Communicator: Clear, concise and thorough communicator; able to discuss and explain complex issues in a simple and clear format
- Team player: Collaborates with stakeholders and engineers to coordinate efforts and ensure alignment
- Ability to Develop People: Managers that coach people in their current roles to improve performance and prepares them for future roles
- High Standards: Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Organization & Planning: Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an effective, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Quality Orientation: A person’s affinity for seeing details, grading them against a pre-set standard, and identifying flaws.
- Results Orientation: The ability to identify actions necessary to achieve task completion and to obtain results; the ability to meet schedules, deadlines, quotas, and performance goals.
- Qualified candidates have experience leading teams and managing engineers with a variety of backgrounds and levels of experience, as well as 7+ years of experience writing production-ready code.
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-size businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $500m in funding to more than 10,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. In 2017 and 2018, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.