Engineering Operations Manager
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
Join our Product Engineering leadership team and help us drive the next wave of rapid growth at ezCater. As an Operations Manager, you will contribute across our eCommerce, SaaS, Integrations, and Fulfillment departments. We want someone with a dynamic personality supporting all teams in both an operational and strategic capacity, as we scale to $2 billion and beyond.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and drive the execution of cross-functional projects.
- Connect the dots with data, discover trends, assist in forecasts, build charts and present data narratives.
- Track department performance and operational health, identifying gaps and offering up potential solutions (we love to experiment and try new things)
- Level us up in all manners of communication. Help us get the right information to the right people at the right time.
This role might be that rare opportunity you are looking for if you:
- Thrive in a highly collaborative, no red-tape, rapid-growth environment.
- Are comfortable challenging team members to think creatively and aim higher.
- Are opinionated, but pragmatic, and know that one size does not fit all.
- Have experience with BI tools and understanding metrics and trends.
- Enjoy organizing and distilling complex information.
- Experience with Agile Project Management tools such as Trello, Jira, etc.
- Understand effective process and implementation in both concept and execution.
- Enjoy writing and speaking to diverse audiences, keen on oral presentations and persuasive writing.
- Love building and maintaining organizational relationships.
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s radical transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.