Front End Developer
Chewy is looking for a Front End Developer for our Boston, Massachusetts office. Experience and design are fundamental parts of the retail experience. This individual will work to expand our digital storefront This includes improving the customer experience when browsing the product catalog to developing mobile experiences. You'll create intuitive and natural customer interfaces for our internal tools and external website.
What you'll do:
- Prototype and develop new customer experiences for internal and external applications with web technologies.
- Build responsive sites for mobile and desktop web experiences.
- Interact with the application stack to access and store information in a comprehensive eCommerce ecosystem.
- Create and execute integration and user experience testing plans.
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with Application Development and Architecture teams.
- Experiment with new technologies to optimize customer retention and conversion.
- Follow the latest advancements in front-end technologies and techniques.
- Review code and mentor other developers on best-practices for front-end development.
What you'll need:
- Undergraduate degree in the field of computer science or equivalent.
- 2+ year’s production experience creating modern web experiences across mobile and desktop browsers.
- Experience with JSP pages to implement front-end templates for web applications.
- Excellent customer service skills, including verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as LESS or SASS
- Experience building html pages that are responsive across desktop, tablets and mobile devices.
- Position may require travel
- Experience using established CSS architecture patterns for code reuse and modularity such as BEM, SUITCSS, SMACSS and others.
- Experience with front end build tools such as webpack, rjs, gulp, grunt, etc