Full Stack Developer - LifeScore Labs
LifeScore Labs, LLC is a new business unit created by MassMutual to productize selected intellectual property developed by our industry leading data science team. LifeScore Labs is working to bring its first product, the algorithmic underwriting model- LifeScore 360, to the broader insurance carrier market and is putting together a team to move this entrepreneurial venture forward.
We’re hiring a Full Stack Developer to join our team and contribute to this great product. Join us.
What great looks like in this role
As a Full Stack Developer at LifeScore Labs you’ll be a proficient hands-on developer, a skilled problem-solver, a flexible team player, and focused on continuously delivering great products to market. We value best-practice software engineering principles and seek team members willing to work cross-functionally and be hands-on in multiple areas. We're extremely passionate about the quality of our work and the people on our team. If you are technically sharp and looking for an opportunity to help build a new product and business, then we invite you to learn more about LifeScore Labs.
Objectives of this role
- Technical Ninja. You’re confident and comfortable building dynamic web applications and services and implementing complex data and API integrations
- Architect & Builder. LifeScore Labs is doing a ground-up build and your input and talents will shape the direction of our platform. You will help define our software architecture principles and standards through direct coding activities.
- Problem solver. Innovate and provide critical thinking and problem-solving abilities to drive change and develop creative technology solutions.
- Role Model. Your work ethic, focus on continuous learning, and desire to deliver the best inspires your team members. You’ll use those skills to assist fellow developers through code reviews, program enhancements, unit testing, bug fixing, and problem solving.
- Knowledge seeker. You recognize new technologies are always emerging and continuously scan the landscape for opportunities to enhance our platform and ability to deliver better products to our customers
- Team player. You’ll interact with a variety of professionals with different backgrounds and experience and seek to learn from and contribute to the group
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Analyze and develop specifications for the enhancement, maintenance and problem solving for the most complex applications or operating system(s).
- Provide in-depth consulting to IT management and staff at the highest technical level in the identification and resolution of an application or the overall operating system(s) problems or difficulties.
- Analyze existing product and recommends modifications which will enhance operating capacity and meet business requirements.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the staff in the installation and testing of new operating system releases and in fine-tuning of existing systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Data Science or Mathematics
- At least 1 years’ solid experience with full stack development. MUST demonstrate an active project.
- Must be able to pass the Assessment for a full stack developer
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in open source web application frameworks.
- Experience with SQL or CSS
- Experience developing RESTful APIs
- Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Graduate degree is a plus.
- 2-3 years of experience with full stack development.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to work in a rapid and iterative development environment.
- Experience with database design and administration.
- Experience in software and system architecture.
- Experience with Jenkins or CircleCI.
- A passion for automation and building self-healing resilient systems.
- An action-oriented, driven, entrepreneurial mindset.
Learn more about LifeScore Labs
- LifeScore 360 is an algorithmic underwriting solution that enables insurers to more efficiently and accurately measure the risk of their applicants and make decisions more quickly. In contrast with traditional underwriting approaches that rely on linear processes and manual analysis, LifeScore 360 leverages machine learning to instantly deliver an individual risk score and the driving factors behind it. LifeScore 360 significantly reduces the time to issue a policy, improves the take rate on offered policies, and improves claims experience for insurers. We’ve proven the impacts to the bottom line within MassMutual and have created a new company specifically to bring this technology to the broader insurance carrier market through selected industry partners.