Aurora Flight Sciences is seeking a Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) Engineer to lead development, research, and analysis in all areas of guidance, navigation, and control for autonomous aircraft . Specific areas of interest include advanced control methods, simulation, and state estimation for fixed wing, tiltrotor, rotorcraft, or very flexible aircraft (VFA). Aurora uses advanced, industry leading techniques to simultaneously accomplish robust and adaptive control. The GNC engineer will contribute to those algorithms on quick turn, first of a kind aircraft, truly advancing the GNC profession.
- Lead the specification, design, development, integration, and test of aircraft GNC systems.
- Write GNC subsystem requirements, test plans, and development procedures.
- Prepare and present analysis and testing results to support formal and informal design reviews.
- Supervise technical work.
- Mentor staff with less experience.
- Assist program manager in developing program plans.
- Ensure GNC program plans are executed on schedule and budget and meet program goals.
- Support flight test operations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- MS – Aero/Astro or Electrical Engineering with guidance and controls emphasis, PhD desirable.
- 3+ years of related professional experience in aerospace industry.
- Must be fluent in MATLAB and Simulink, working knowledge of C++ desired.
- Must be a US Person (US Citizen or US Permanent Resident)