Graphics/GPU Software Engineer (Contract)
Piaggio Fast Forward (PFF) is hiring a Graphics/GPU Software Engineer to join our multidisciplinary engineering team. The ideal candidate is an experienced engineer who is not only a strong team player but can also mentor colleagues. The Graphics/GPU Software Engineer will have the opportunity to collaborate across teams while creating and maintaining PFF’s robotics graphic application. This is a 2-3 month contract position within our Software team.
- Develop GPU application for current and next generation of PFF products for high throughput embedded processing.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to define, design, test and maintain PFF's embedded application.
- Mentor and coach colleagues to expand the effectiveness of those around you.
- Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of others on your team via good coding practices, process improvements, clean designs, smart testing and review practices.
- Knowledge of ARM CPU and NVIDIA GPU architecture
- Analyze performance of GPU implementations
- Exposure to floating-point arithmetic
- Experience with computer vision and image processing
- Expertise in C/C++ and CUDA is required
- Experience with a scripting language such as Python
- Experience with Git source code control
- Strong test-driven development and documentation focus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in CS or Engineering preferred
- Five to ten years of experience
- Good communication and documentation habits
- Experience working in an agile (scrum) development environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Successful applicants will be asked so show proof that they can legally work in the U.S.