Head of Enterprise Architecture
The Head of Enterprise Architecture is charged with leading a team of architects and analysts that creates and maintains strategic knowledge and data in various forms, including data models, technology standards, development and deployment patterns, and technology/platform benchmarks across all enterprise technology domains: infrastructure, security, data, and applications. These key deliverables allow the technology organization to remain aligned to enterprise strategy and enable the consistent deployment of critical and strategic technologies.
This leader must bring a deep technical background, rooted in computer science, enterprise technology, and data-driven decision making. In addition to this, the leader must possess the ability influence across the technology organization, actively participate in strategic planning and decision making and the execution of complex technology initiatives and projects.
What good looks like in the role:
Technical expert in some combination of architecture domain (Information Security, Application, Data and Infrastructure) coupled with demonstrated people leadership and ability to influence and communicate with senior/executive leaders. Appropriately identifies who across the organization/stakeholders needs to be involved at various stages along process. People leadership skills managing a team of 20-25 individual contributors. Understand how to manage and execute million dollar technology projects with an enterprise-wide impact in order appropriately manage people resources and stakeholder across the organization. Effectively partner and collaborate with Technology Strategy Lead/team to ensure alignment across strategic business priorities. Ability to effectively communicate and influence a point of view and perspective with senior leaders. Working knowledge of software development. Working knowledge and understanding of insurance and financial services industry. Provide leadership to business & systems architecture team members; mentor and support staff.
- Lead a team of data, application, security, and infrastructure architects charged with defining and maintaining standards and design and implementation patterns that drive enterprise technology, aligned with technology strategy.
- Partner with senior leadership across the company to align to strategic imperatives and technology strategy, using data-driven decision making
- Partner with technology strategy to identify, assess, and act on emerging technology trends
- Responsible for leading due diligence associated with major initiatives, upgrades, and re-platforming
- Maintaining active view of enterprise technology footprint from business process, data, infrastructure, security, and application perspectives.
- Publish and communicate standards and technology evaluations
- Create and maintain strategic infrastructure, data, and application dependencies and flows for the company and its lines of business
- Create and maintain business unit and department specific reference architectures
- Identify technologies and development/integration patterns that enable the organization to efficiently execute its technology strategy
Skills and Qualifications:
- Expert level knowledge of: Technical expert in at least one architecture domain (Information Security, Application, Data and Infrastructure)
- Ten years of related experience
- Expert level industry certifications such as CCIE, CISSP, AWS Solutions Architect, TOGAF, etc.
- College degree required (preferably in computer science, electrical engineering or similar)
- Knowledge of software development and coding (scripting, java, python,.NET)
- Some Travel between Boston, Springfield/Amherst and New York
- Work in Boston, MA Office
- Microsoft Office
- Normal office conditions
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Create structure from ambiguity
- Working knowledge and understanding of insurance and financial services industry
- Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.d) in STEM or relevant field preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now and in the future.