Heat Transfer Engineer
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
As a Heat Transfer Engineer at Formlabs you will design, analyze and ship heating systems in our products, ranging from precisely controlling the SLS process in Fuse 1 to managing rate of curing for SLA parts in Form Cure.
If you are a mechanical engineer with a passion for designing complex thermo-electro-mechanical systems and have the ability to work closely with a team of high-caliber engineers, we want you to join our team as a Heat Transfer Engineer.
- Identify viable thermal designs, establish system requirements and hardware specifications, and source components for prototypes and shipping products
- Perform the thermal design and analysis of thermal management systems.
- Manage system temperatures within proper operating ranges through the use of radiation, conduction, convection for our hardware and control systems
- Implement, test, and iterate on designs in both standalone and system-level test beds.
- Work cross-functionally with manufacturing engineers to finalize designs for production
- Can share a strong portfolio of previous work
- Experienced in designing precision temperature control systems
- 3+ years industry experience
- Have taken a product through an entire lifecycle - from concept through DFM to shipping
- Communicate seamlessly with vendors and suppliers across the globe
- Familiar with a variety of manufacturing techniques including injection molding and sheet metal fabrication
- Prototype your own designs
- General understanding of fundamental radiation heat transfer principles and thermal engineering
- Strong working knowledge of three-dimensional simulation tools, such as Solidworks Simulation or similar.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.