Information Security Engineer - SOC & Incident Response
Drift is seeking an Information Security Engineer to level up our Security Operations Center and lead the Security Incident Response Team. This role will provide hands-on expertise for all technical response activities and identify technology and process improvements to mature Drift’s incident response capability.
This high visibility role requires excellent communication and planning skills along with the ability to work with individuals and teams with varying security knowledge from across the organization.
A successful candidate for this job will:
- Work with internal and external technical stakeholders and help deliver consistent response activities and identify enhancements to the Incident response technology and process.
- Optimize and operate systems that consume external, internal threat feeds, build behaviors analysis trends and develop security analytic systems to track down, stop and/or prevent malicious activities, security violations, vulnerabilities and other threats against Drift’s information assets.
- Research the latest threats, vulnerabilities & methods for deploying controls in the prevention, detection and response to best secure the environment.
- Provide threat assessment reports and evangelizing security practices among the Engineering and Product organizations to protect Drift against information security risks.
What you’ll be doing on the Security team at Drift:
- Improve Drift’s ability to detect intrusions in real-time
- Identify and protect against all threats to Drift’s information assets
- Optimize existing security tools, networks and infrastructure
- Diligently track and execute internal controls in adherence to SOC and ISO 27001 policy standards and support the audit function
- Actively be involved in Incident response and investigations including leading and directing technical response activities during investigations
- Collaborate and cross train with your team
- Document process, procedure and reports pertaining to incident detection and response
- Document process pertaining to gathering and maturing Threat Intelligence
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2 to 5 years experience in investigating incidents while being part of a response team or a Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Highly experienced working on Information Security Incidents, investigation, containment and remediation
- Extensive understanding of Network, Infrastructure, computer and Product Security Incidents and the technical response activities entailed
- Extensive understanding of mobile and cloud security specific to investigating incidents
- Experienced working within a fast-paced incident response team with knowledge of log correlation, forensics, security vulnerabilities and exploits, mobile security
- Highly experienced in defining and guiding technicalities around remediation and containing a security incident
- Experienced deploying security solutions, architecting detection and response solution to mature capabilities
- Deeper understanding of threats, actors, indicator of compromise and the actor TTPs (Tools/Techniques and Procedures)
- Strong communication skills interacting with technical stakeholders including ability to convert technical language to business language for leadership
- Strong presentation skills to illustrate metrics, processes and incident updates
- Excellent analytical skills, organizational skills, ingenuity and the ability to work as part of a team
- Advanced interpersonal skills to effectively promote ideas and collaboration at the various levels of the organization
- CISSP, GCIA, GCIH Certifications GPEN, OSCP certifications a plus
Drift is the world's leading conversational marketing and sales platform that helps businesses connect now with the customers who are ready to buy now. After just two years in market, the company has become one of the fastest growing SaaS companies of all-time and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100, LinkedIn Top 50 Startups, Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work, and SaaS Company of the Year by the NEVCA.
At Drift, team members:
- Have complete ownership and accountability over their role and functional area
- Have complete transparency into the rest of the company (and are expected to show their work and do the same)
- Have a sense of urgency. We are building a once in a lifetime company at Drift, so we move fast every single day.