Infrastructure Automation Engineer (DevOps)
Chewy is looking to hire an Infrastructure Automation Engineer at our Boston, MA location. Infrastructure Engineers have a blend of infrastructure and software engineering skills to be responsible for Chewy’s hybrid infrastructure. You will be responsible for designing, building, monitoring, and integrating solutions. You will be part of a small family within Chewy that has a huge impact on our incredible growth. Come help us build a bigger and better Chewy as an Infrastructure Automation Engineer.
Ideal candidates will possess the ability to discuss complex technical concepts with a diverse audience across all areas of the organization. They will remain calm under pressure and always strive to add structure to high-pressure, fast paced tasks or projects.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for researching, implementing and maintaining internal and third-party automation tools
- Build tools and integrations to connect new and existing applications, services and systems
- Build, maintain and support Shared Services infrastructure (load balancers, HAProxy, Identity/Auth etc.)
- Facilitate self-serviceability for the provisioning of infrastructure and resources where possible
- Define SLAs and establish escalation process for automation tools
- Participate in the processes of project planning meetings by providing automation expertise
- Write documentations, deliver training and knowledge transfer on tools use for Internal/external teams
- Establish and maintain relationship with all third-party tools/service providers
- Provide level 2 support for managed tools
What you'll need:
- At least 5 years of experience working in an Infrastructure Automation engineering role, DevOps engineering role, or equivalent.
- Experience working with open source community (troubleshooting, patch submission, etc.).
- Ability to organize, troubleshoot and continuously learn.
- Experience with Virtualization, Provisioning, Configuration Management, and CI tools such as VMWare, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Circle CI or similar technologies
- Previous experience working within controls such as SOX, PCI, etc.
Nice to have:
- Strong Experience with AWS tools & services such as EC2, S3, EKS, RDS, Route53, CloudFormation, etc.
- AWS networking design experience, working knowledge of VPCs, VPC peering, Virtual Interfaces, etc.
- Software development experience (both scripting and “programming” languages).
- Experience with IaaS/PaaS services
- Clear understanding of CI/CD pipeline and SDLC process
- This position may require travel