Lab Support Technician - Abiotic Screening Team - Temporary
Indigo is developing microbiome-based agricultural solutions to improve crop yields with sustainable products derived from plant microbiomes. The role of Screening team Research Associate is to support ongoing laboratory work aimed at characterizing microbial strains and understanding their interactions with the innate plant and soil microbiomes, with the ultimate goal of developing new products with improved and consistent performance.
Key Outcomes for the Role
- Prepare plant and microbial screening assay supplies for discovery groups
- Clean and sterilize glassware by running in-house dishwasher and autoclave
- Assist team with conducting microbe and plant assays
- High attention to detail
- Experienced with operating autoclaves, laboratory glasswashers, and media preparation equipment
- Understands sterile technique.
- Mechanically inclined and experienced in servicing and maintaining lab equipment
- Possesses skills for multitasking and prioritizing tasks.
- A motivated learner with a great attention to detail
- Organized, approachable and energetic
- A passion for Indigo and our core values
- An ability to think creatively about identifying and optimizing workflows
- Self-sufficient and able to work independently, but always within the expectations of and parameters set by their supervisors
- Sets and maintains high standards for self and this position.
- Possesses strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills and an outwardly positive demeanor.
- Communicates both positive and negative issues in an open, direct, and straight-forward manner.
- Has a sense of urgency
- Demonstrates a team-oriented style and strong work ethic.
- An associate degree in biological sciences or biotechnology field with experience in laboratory techniques.
- Interest in microbiology and/or plants