Lab Support Technician - Bioprocessing
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
- Prepare microbial media and assay materials for Bioprocessing and Formulations groups
- Clean and sterilize glassware/bioreactors by running in-house dishwasher and autoclave
- Assist team with conducting experiments
- Maintain laboratory cleanliness
- High attention to detail
- Experienced with operating autoclaves, laboratory glasswashers, and media preparation equipment
- Ability to learn new technologies and equipment
- Understands sterile technique.
- Mechanically inclined and experienced in servicing and maintaining lab equipment
- Possesses skills for multitasking and prioritizing tasks.
- A motivated learner with a great attention to detail
- A passion for Indigo and our core values
- An ability to think creatively about identifying and optimizing workflows
- Self-sufficient and able to work independently, but always within the expectations of and parameters set by their supervisors
- Sets and maintains high standards for self and this position.
- Possesses strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills and an outwardly positive demeanor
- Communicates both positive and negative issues in an open, direct, and straight-forward manner.
- Demonstrates a team-oriented style and strong work ethic
- An associate's or bachelor’s degree in biological sciences or biotechnology field with experience in laboratory techniques.
- Interest in fermentation, microbiology, bioprocessing