Lead Front End Engineer
The Predictive Index (PI) is a technology company that gives business leaders access to the people science, data, and strategy they need to make objective hiring decisions, design great teams and culture, and reach their strategic business goals. PI has more than 7,000 customers, including Nissan, Citizens Bank, DocuSign, Subway, 47 Brand, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Omni Hotels—across 142+ countries, and has undergone more than 500 validity studies.
Our team takes great pride in the power that PI has to positively impact and supercharge workplace relationships and culture - we are our own best case study. You’ll be part of a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, motivated people day in and day out. Our company motto is “better work, better world,” and we take that to heart most of all when it comes to our own people.
We are seeking an energetic, lead for our front end software engineering team who has proven experience leading a team and building a great, delightful experience for our users. You will have the opportunity manage a team of smart engineers and be able to work on a Greenfield angular application that integrates with a strong foundation of RESTful API’s. Ideal candidates will be comfortable rewriting current software applications and engineering new features.
At The Predictive Index, we embrace a fun, hard-working, and action-oriented workplace culture while keeping our employees’ careers and lives outside of work top-of-mind. If you function best in a client-focused, fast-paced environment where you’re expected to think outside of the box and take action, you may be a good fit.
- Lead a team of full stack software engineers through an Agile/Scrum software development process
- Act as a mentor to the team and assist in their individual growth
- An even balance between leading and inspiring the team and contributing in an individual capacity
- Writing Angular components/RESTful APIs
- Critical role in the development and launch of new software
- Work closely with operations and product management
- Participate in software and design discussions
- Strong server side engineering fundamentals
- Angular experience a plus
- Azure or AWS preferred
- Agile Development Process
- Experience with a wide variety of languages
- Will have great attention detail, be proactive, responsive, really be a ninja in this role
- A bias towards action, getting feedback from others, measurement and optimization
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization – check your ego at the door
People most qualified for this role will be:
- Cross-functional –at PI, we work as a team!
- Smart – learn our systems and our industry quickly.
- Energetic – we have a vibrant team, energy is required.
- Hard working – we are growing– you MUST be willing to roll up your sleeves.
- Fun – because we work hard, we like to play hard - we hope you do too!
This position can be based in our downtown Boston space (Boylston Street) or newly renovated office in Westwood, MA .