Lead Full Stack Engineer - BCG Omnia
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are seeking a motivated and innovative candidate with a “start-up” mentality to lead (both managing and developing alongside) a fast-moving team of engineers that augments traditional consulting engagements with software. As part of the BCG Omnia team, you will be supporting Tuned by BCG: a communication and engagement tool to drive change management. Your strong leadership will guide this team to deliver best-in-class software to clients while expanding BCG’s capabilities by exploring new technologies. The ideal candidate has 5-7 years of full-stack development experience with deep Python expertise. Additional knowledge mobile app development is a plus.
Tuned by BCG is part of BCG’s battle-tested approach to change management and is uniquely able to foster open-source engagement and cut through the noise of traditional communications. It’s a democratizing platform whereby communication content, dialogue, insights, and even decisions related to a change effort can be sourced from anywhere in the organization—constantly, and in real time.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
- Demonstrated expertise in Python and associate libraries
- Leading a small, collocated team of developers to implement product based solutions
- Developing scalable, secure, high performance solutions
- Helping to establish technical requirements
- Leading code reviews
- Applying engineering best practices and principles.
- Helping create engineering documentation when needed
- Creating and maintaining unit tests
- Developing and integrating with RESTful web services
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Degree in computer science or related field
- 5-7 years full-stack development experience
- Proficiency in Python (additional experience in mobile is a plus)
- Strong knowledge of web, security, and networking protocols
- Passion to research, stay on top of, and implement new technical and industry advances
- Self-driven, entrepreneurial, and strong team player
YOU'LL WORK WITH
Our technology consultants and specialists partner with our clients and colleagues to build and implement digital solutions through a broad spectrum of activities. Technology jobs and engineering jobs include design of IT architectures, large-scale transformation, agile development, software engineering, cybersecurity consulting, and risk management.
WHO WE ARE
BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world’s best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible—and unlocking your potential to advance the world.