Lead iOS Developer
Want to work for a dynamic company that feels like a startup yet offers the perks of companies several times its size? With its global market leadership and rapid international growth, Octo Telematics may be the place for you!
Octo recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. We take care of you with the best medical and dental coverage, ample paid time off, 401(k) match, and professional education so that you can perform at your best and grow your skills.
Octo Telematics has more than five million connected cars globally and is the insurance telematics market leader in not only the US and Canada, but also Italy and the UK. We offer a full suite of insurance telematics solutions, as well as analytics and consulting services, for both commercial and personal insurance lines.
We are seeking a native iOS developer who is passionate about innovation and mobile technologies to help us build beautiful, engaging apps that use mobile sensors to track driving habits and show drivers how to improve and give them a score that lowers their insurance premiums.
As a developer, you will have a huge influence with a big impact on our technology offering. You will take ownership on decisions from software architecture from the ground up, to best coding practices, to creating new ideas, and sharing these concepts with the team.
- Build up the foundation for our white-labeled apps and SDKs so that they scale to many customers
- Write high-quality, reliable, clean, and testable Swift , setting standards for code and performance
- Develop optimal code that consumes battery efficiently, without compromising sensor collection quality
- Collaborate with our teams in Europe
- Write unit tests, automated UI testing, and perform code reviews
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science
- 5+ years working with key technologies for iOS platform
- Must have a love for visual design and UX with a pixel perfect attention to detail
- Up and current with trending development tools and workflows including agile, Git, Jenkins, and continuous integration
- Critical thinking, problem solving, ability to write efficient and maintainable code
- Someone who understands and strongly believes in One Source of Truth, Avoiding Dormant Rot, Single Responsibility Principle, and who is accustomed to the Boy Scout Rule
- Experience with location and motion sensor technologies a plus
- Experience with best practices to save battery life a plus
- Experience in telematics a plus
- Full health, dental, and vision coverage
- Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee, espresso, fruit, snacks
- Catered company lunches
- 27” iMac or Macbook Pro plus a large screen