Linux Systems Engineer
CrunchTime! Information Systems (www.crunchtime.com) is looking for high-energy professionals who can enhance our organization and contribute to the evolution of our suite of world-class enterprise management products. If you possess the skills and the desire to be part of a team dedicated to industry leadership, we’d like to hear from you.
CrunchTime is looking for a Linux Systems Engineer who will be responsible for setup, configuration, maintenance and optimization of the internal infrastructure including network and server environments. This position requires a sense of personal ownership of all systems and projects which are assigned. Also required is the ability to communicate as needed with the Hiring Manager to deliver status updates, documentation, and access any resources or information necessary to complete the task. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn new technologies and will handle each task thoughtfully and thoroughly.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Deployment of cloud infrastructure and supporting automation
- Administration of Linux (RedHat, CentOS) Servers
- Virtualization expertise using VMWare
- Perform basic network operations like firewall NAT changes
- Support of load balancing appliances such as NetScaler
- Setup/support mission critical business applications (Apache, Tomcat)
- Setup/support of monitoring applications (Nagios/Icinga, Grafana, etc.)
- Managing internal and external DNS
Production Environment Support:
- Support hosted co-located facilities (servers, database, application)
- Apply system and application upgrades to minimize downtime
- Participate in on-call rotation as well as providing after-hours support as needed
- Experience building, maintaining and expanding highly available infrastructure with automation toolsets
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand complex problems
- Excellent customer relationship skills to assist other departments with coordinated messaging on releases
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously and demonstrated capability to achieve results in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Great attention to detail and strong organizational skills
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experiences and training
- Experience with at least one scripting language such as bash, python, etc.
- Experience working in a cloud environment
- At least 2 years of experience with one of the following automation frameworks
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a Linux Systems Administrator/Engineer
- Participate in a 24x7 on call rotation
CrunchTime! Employees enjoy a competitive salary, depending on experience, plus access to a progressive benefits program which includes the following:
- Health and dental insurance
- Vision plan.
- Disability insurance.
- Life and AD&D.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent and medical care.
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- 401K Plan with employer match.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Educational assistance for approved courses.
- Commuter benefits including parking reimbursement
- Catered lunch every Friday.
- Bagels every Tuesday.
- Frosty Fridays
- Generous Employee referral bonus.
- Community volunteer program.