Machine Learning Engineer
Machine Learning Engineer
Your deep experience with artificial intelligence and advanced analytics is matched by a passion to build great products, lead innovation and be a mentor and guide to other Engineering team members. In the past you have been part of a startup or corporate innovation team working in fast-moving environments. You can point to numerous examples which demonstrate your ability to creativity solve technical challenges.
A Pioneer in Fintech, Intralinks is a 22 years old company. 1/3 of the world’s M&A runs on our Virtual Data Room product, $1 of every $2 dollars of private equity is raised our Fund raising and reporting solutions.
What we are searching for:
As part of this role, you will use your software engineering skills to help build scalable machine learning models that drive value across multiple areas of the business. You’ll work to help define and build Intralinks’ big data and AI technology infrastructure to develop innovative and new machine learning engineering capabilities. This position will act as the technical lead as part of a larger, global R&D development team based in Waltham and Hyderabad, building cognitive software for Investment Bankers, Private Equity and other industries.
Responsibilities & Opportunities of the Role:
• Work with the AI team in building world-class software, functioning as a thought leader in ensuring team development efforts resulting in successful delivery of AI systems
• Collaborate with cross-functional agile teams of Technical architecture and operations leaders to define, create and operate AI systems at global scale
• Collaborate with cross functional agile teams of software engineers, data engineers, ML experts, and others in building new product features, including leadership responsibility around the creation of APIs
• Assist the team lead in management of normal Engineering responsibilities, including estimates and work plans, preparing reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software, oversee UI designs and execution, and ensure testing of applications in accordance with established standards.
Minimum Qualifications to Apply:
• 2+ years of Artificial Intelligence software engineering experience and/or advanced degree in quantitative field w/ material exposure to coding (e.g. mathematics, economics, computer science, physics, neuroscience, operations research etc.)
• 5+ years of general software development experience, including development of APIs and a deep understanding of API best practices
• Demonstrable experience with Natural Language Processing libraries and techniques
• Intuitive sense of how to architect high performance distributed computing systems for machine learning & tie them to business problems
• Strong background in machine learning and parallel processing pipelines
• High comfort level with programming, e.g. languages such as Python, R, Scala, etc
• Work experience with implementing machine learning in a low latency real time web server platforms and/or highly scalable offline batch processes
• Intense intellectual curiosity – strong desire to always be learning
• Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving open-ended problems
• Highly collaborative, team-player attitude
• Experience in multi-tenant SaaS environments is a plus
• Experience with Financial Services, in particular direct experience with Investment Banking and M&A, either as a service provider or in M&A situations such as working on an extended diligence teams or on post-merger integration teams is preferred
• Leading Technical Skills: SAS &/or R &/or SPSS, Python, Hadoop, SQL, NoSQL, Unstructured Data, SQL, SparkSQL (or equivalent Big Data Language), Expert at MS Excel, XML, Data Visualization Tool Experience (such as Tableau)
• Experience with developing microservices, RabbitMQ queueing, Kafka streams is a plus.
• Previous industry experience with ML systems using frameworks such as Scikit-learn, Keras and Tensorflow
• Technical/SDLC: General Agile experience, Strong SCRUM, Confluence, Jira, Version Control
• Strong Presentation skills
• Experience building data pipelines and CICD
• Experience in business intelligence systems is a plus
• Strong business acumen and financial services experience is a plus