Maintenance and Refurbishment Technician
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x of innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
Markforged is seeking a Maintenance and Refurbishment Technician with experience troubleshooting and repairing mechanical and electrical systems. The ideal candidate enjoys getting lost in troubleshooting and signal chasing, has excellent attention to detail, great communications skills, and is comfortable working independently. Experience or enthusiasm for 3D printing a plus.
In this role you will:
- Refurbish Markforged desktop and industrial printers and components to factory standards
- Maintain a bottomless inventory of refurbished components
- Assist with analyzing failure modes
- Support Customer Solutions with parts requests, sourcing, troubleshooting
- Assist fellow employees with personal prints
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on local printers to ensure superlative quality
- Collect data and give feedback to improve customer experience
What we look for:
- Experience troubleshooting electronic and mechanical systems
- Excellent computer and record-keeping skills
- Attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently as well as interacting across various teams
- Eagerness to take on new projects and responsibilities
- Working knowledge of Gcode, Python, (or other languages)
- CAD skills (preferably Fusion360 or Solidworks)
- Experience writing technical documents
- Previous work experience in additive manufacturing
- Someone who really loves 3D printing
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description